Diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. On strict diet and exercise. Why do I get nauseated and giddy?

I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes . With in two months of diagnosis I have gone on strict diet and exercise regime as a result of which I have reached from 91 kgs to 78 kgs. I am taking istamet 50/1000 once a day and my sugar levels fasting have been from 80 to 110 and pp have been ranging from 80 to 130. At times I feel nausetic and giddy. Are these hypoglycaemia symptoms and do I need to taper the medicine.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012