Diagnosed with tonsillitis, only getting worse, spitting bloody phlegm. Prescribed course of penicillin and paracetomol. Advise ?

Hi, I was diagnosed with tonsillitis on Thursday night and it doesn t seem to be getting better at all, only worse! I can t eat and can barely drink so water is all that is getting into my system. When I woke up this morning and yesterday morning I noticed when I was spitting out some flem (sorry for being disgusting) that it was quite bloody. Is this normal? I have no allergies that I m aware of and I ve also been prescribed a course of penicillin and paracetomol. If you could please advise? Thank you AAAAA
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013