Diagnosed with tonsillitis, has severe stomach cramps, flatulence, urge to pass stools. Related to tonsillitis?

Hi, My 3 year old son was diagnosed with tonsillitis 3 days ago, the day after I had to rush him to the doctors as he was in a lot of pain with stomach cramps . The doctor advised me that stomach cramps can occur with tonsillitis as it can affect the gland in the stomach which I understand. My concerns are though, he is still suffering with these stomach cramps (which I no can take several days to stop) but he has had excessive wind with it which is making him feel like he needs to empty his bowels, then when he goes to the toilet with the wind either small amounts of water or a yellowish gel like substance is passing through him at the same time. He has emptied his bowels a couple of time in the 3 day which has been soft but not runny. On top of these cramps his belly is making loud noises, and when I ask him where the pain is he always put his hand over his belly button or just bellow it. I was just wondering if all these symptoms are the pains he should be getting with having tonsillitis.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013