Diagnosed with tonsil cancer, HPV negative. Multiple nodules in bilateral lungs. Palliative chemo right choice?

My husband was diagnosed with tonsil cancer, HPV negative. Initially they said we Can cure you of this, no problem! After a tonsillectomy and neck dissection they found 4 positive lymph nodes and 3 had extra capsular spread. Due to my insistence they ordered a chest ct and discovered multiple nodules to bilateral lungs. Is palliative chemo the right choice? How long will he be expected to live with and without treatment?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013