Diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Had allergic reaction after eating shrimp. Related to thyroid?

In march of 2012 I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer . I had a total thyroidectomy and had to have a dose of radioactive iodine . I have since been on synthroid for almost a year now. Yesterday I was eating shrimp and for the first time in my life I had an allergic reaction, hives on my chest and face and swollen mouth. I went to the ER and received solumedrol and bendaryl. Is there a connection with a shrimp allergy and thyroids?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013