Diagnosed with throat embolism. Had sore throat, change in voice. Treatment options?

My mother developed a throat embolism . Actually she was complaining for over 5 weeks of a soar throat and no one gave her much attention except for some over the counter stuff in the Nursing home she is staying at. I received a call today from my brother in New Jersey who said if they had done an MRI it would have been discovered sooner rather than later at the present. Now, they say it is too late, it is inoperable and her voice is barely distinguishable, almost as if she has marbles in her mouth while I spoke with her today. My brother said she is neither eating or drinking and the hospital feels its best for her to have hospice care and returned her to the nursing home today (around 5 pm CST). What can be done for her at this stage by hospice care to assist her to try to get some nourishment into her system? She is 94, but her birthday is next Friday, June 15th. I would appreciate a reply. My email is: YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012