Diagnosed with terminal non small cell lung cancer, spreading, condition improved. Is this spark of energy?

My grandmother was diagnosed in June with terminal non small cell lung cancer . The cancer had spread to her liver , lymphatic system , and she also had a small lesion in her hip. We were told she had about 3 months to live; four months max. Here we are six months later. Her health had declined as expected, but for the past week, she s been eating, her oxygen stats are back up to 94% without her oxygen, no napping, staying up late, getting up early,etc... She s in hospice care, but currently living with my mother. My question is, is this the spark of energy I keep reading about or is something else going on?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013