Diagnosed with tendonitis. Getting severe pain. Is there any effective cure?

Hi, I m a 21 year old female. I ve recently been diagnosed with tendonitis in my left hand . it was really painful. I had to take a painkiller called ugesic for about 2 weeks and wear a crepe bandage . It got better. But literally anything like picking up something with that hand can make it hurt. And i mostly cannot do any work with that hand for fear it might come back again. Just yesterday i hit my hand against something and the pain is back. Are there any cures? I m tired of taking painkillers. Does this ever go away? And what exactly are the causes?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013