Diagnosed with tardive diskinesia. Trying to wean off from Prestiq with dizziness. Safe?

i have recently been diagnosed with tardive diskinesia. i hav been on prestiq 50 mg. for almost 3 years. my dr. is telling me to ween off prestiq from 1/2 to 1/4 for 4 days adding zoloft 1/2 of .25 for 7 days then going up to .25. it seems like a pretty short time coming off a drug that i have been taking for such a long time. i am weening off gradually with symptoms of dizziness . do you feel this is a safe change. i am very apprehensive. p.s. she does not have a problem with cutting medication into smaller portions even though i have been told or read not to do so. i have a lot of faith in her, just would like another opinion. thank you for your time. i appreciate it very much.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013