Diagnosed with sternal fracture, mediastinal hematoma and clavicle fracture after an accident. CT scan showing hiatal hernia. Is this due to the accident?

I was involved in a car accident as a restrained front seat passenger in a frontal impact going approximately 45 miles per hour. I was admitted to the trauma service in stable condition with a diagnosis of sternal fracture, mediastinal hematoma , right clavicle fracture , mild dependent atelectasis in the lung bases, and closed head injury . The CT scan done in the ER also showed a small hiatal hernia . I want to know if the car accident could have caused the hiatal hernia?
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012