Diagnosed with stenosis. History of type one diabetes. Space narrowing in spinal cord, breathing problem. Why is this happening?

Hi I m asking this on behave of a 39 year old women who weighs about 160pounds. She has been diagnosed with stenosis I believe. She has space narrowing between her c5 and c6 discs in her spinal cord . She also has a history of type one diabetes . Lately she has had trouble breathing . She says she can t simply breath and that there is no pain when this occurs. I understand that discs c5 and c6 usually affect the arms and thumbs but I was wondering if her trouble with breathing has anything to do her spine. Any information would be very helpful. Thank You.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012