Diagnosed with stage III B lung cancer. Scheduled for radiation and chemotherapy. Will this cure the cancer?

Dear Doctor, My brother in law(in Japan) has been diagonosed with Lungs cancer . He has 4.5 cm cancer at his right lungs. On doing MRI and PET scan it was found that cancer has spread to entrance of lungs , Trachea , Clavicle . The doctor has said that it is stage III B. He will start Radiation + medicine treatment(Chemotheraphy)treatment from July 24 for 6-weeks. (Doctor has not opted to remove the cancer in lungs by surgery) Please advise : (1) Is this a right treatment ? (2) Can this treatment(Radiation + cancer drug)cure this cancer ? ................If not what is expected life span ? (3) Any suggestion will be very welcome. Best regards, A.K.Acharya
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012