Diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, spread to liver. Chances of survival?

My dad was recently diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer that has also spread to the liver . The cancer in size are the size of a grain of rice. I have seen charts where cancer starts out like a grain of rice,pea,grape ect.. all the way up to a golf ball. So my question is : Does the size of the cancer mean that he has a greater chance of survival with treatment now because the cancer is still so small? Or in a stage 4 diapnoses the size of the cancer doesn t matter.....
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013