Diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma, have fluid filled lungs, breathing difficulty, swollen feet, hands with severe pain. How much time do I have with me?

Mt father was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma in Dec. We know the end is near. His lungs are filling us with the cancer and his breathing has gotten very difficult. he also is in a lot of pain. A couple weeks ago his feet and ankles started to really swell. The swelling is now in his hands and fluid is building up in his body. Any indication of how much time this means we have with him. I live 4 hours away and need to know if I should go home NOW. thank you
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012