Diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Started radiation on spots. What is the possible life expectancy?

my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer . i was with her during the scan and saw a golfball sized glow in her right lung close to the center of her chest so near wind pipe i guess. i also saw three other glow spots in her legs. we were told it is stage four. they have started radiation on those spots 2 days ago. i read that life expectancy is 8 months but i m not sure about that because we don t know realy how long she has had cancer. can you help define the timeline my mom has. and what i can expect. you see i m getting married in 9 months and i know she realy wants to be there.
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012