Diagnosed with spondyloarthropathy, vitamin D deficiency, osteoporosis. How can I improve bone density and help back pain?

Hi, I am 44 yrs. old (female) and diagnosed with spondyloarthropathy / ankylosing spondylitis 2 months back. Along with this I also have vit D def. and osteoporosis , for which I have been taking Ca and vit D supplements and osteophos for the past 2 months. My doctor has assured me that within a year or so my bone density should improve. As far as my arthritis is concerned I have been suffering from low back pain since 10 years ( sacro-illitis). But this time the pain kept shifting from the lower back to my shoulder or 2 fingers of my left hand at one time. I also had uveitis and am taking treatment for that. For the past 2 months I have been taking Nucoxia to control pain and my movements have been restricted and life has become very painful. I have started walking and excercising regularly. Though doctors say that once this acute attack passes away I shall be fine till the next one, but I am scared about my future. What is the prognosis of this condition ? I M .
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012