Diagnosed with sleep apnea. Experiencing sore, swollen papillae under tongue. Difficult to swallow. Recommend orthodontist?

Hello, I am a 54 years old female in good health. I am not a smoker, nor do I drink...however, I have been diagnose with sleep apnea and lately I have been experiencing a sore and feels like a swollen papillae under the right side of my tongue . Sometime it is hard to swallow or chew food. Could this have anything with my heavy snoring or biting my tongue in my sleep? And, would a mouth retainer help me from biting my tongue? Would you recommend a see an Orthodontist?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013