Diagnosed with severe Polymyalgia Rheumatica , blood in urine after 1st dose of methodtrexate. Why ?

Hi - I have just been diagnosed with Polymyalgia Rheumatica - very severe case - CRP level 56. I am on a strong regime of meds - prednisone 20mg /day. enbrel once a week and Methotrexate once a week. Steroids were only partially successful by themselves and the doc said it is because I have such high inflammation levels. I took the first dose of methodtrexate on Wed (8 X 2.5 Mg pills). Thursday morning had one incidence of blood in Urine , not repeated. Thu/Fri/Sat, bright red blood in stool and an almost bleach smell. No discomfort. I am male - 52 years old - otherwise (was) healthy - ski/run/gym etc. I have had hemmerhoids in the past, but this isn t 100% consistent with the hemmerhoids. Is this related to the medication, or could there be something else going on? Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012