Diagnosed with schizophrenia, traits like staying aloof, fear to go out, mood swings, craving for eating. Is it curable?

hello mam... recently one of my friends has been detected with schizophrenia .. she doesn t want to talk.. go outside her place.. and even sometimes before she was scared to go out.. bath.. as she beleived someone may see her.. now also she has a craving for eating.. get irritaed easily.. my ques is.. will she be able to recover.. marry and live a normal life? plz mam.. want some directions.... meera
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012