Diagnosed with schizophrenia, taking Seroquel. Mentally unstable, harmful thoughts. Any alternate medication ?

hi i have been diagnoses with skitzophrenia anout 7 years back , and the only medication iam taking is seroquel ! after 6 years of taking it it doesnt seem to do its job any more , iam always angry and my thoughts of harm agains others and self harm has increased over the years ! if it wasnt for my children i dont know were i would be , is there any other medication i can get that will help with my mental stability ?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013