Diagnosed with pyloric stenosis, acid reflux. Treated with atropine, prescribed acid pill. What is wrong?

I am a healthy 81 year old woman. When an infant I was diagnosed as having pyloric stenosis..was treat orally with atropine. All my life, when I eat, almost immediately some food returns up into my mouth. It is not burning at all and I am quite used to it. I have no "heart burn" and it apparently has no acid in it when it comes up. In fact, my stomach often "sorts out" anything might not be to it's liking; i.e.; for instance something like the skin on a tomato' a piece of not not thoroughly chewed up. These are just an example of how my stomach brings up anything it does not approve of..haha. But now my doctor says I have acid reflux. And has prescribed an acid pill. When this material comes up, it does not burn and I am so used to it that I pay no attention. I have not told all this to the doctor as he made the decision and there was no further comment..period. Should I be alarmed?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013