Diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri and high bp. Fallen many times, numbness in legs, headache. Serious? What to do?

on January 14,2013 I was diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri and high blood pressure. A month ago I noticed that I had fallen 6 times or more, numbness in my right leg, and my headaches have returned everyday for about a week. IM terrified I may have to get a shunt and haven't told my doctor. Do these symptoms sound serious to you? What do you advise I do??
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You have not stated your age, gender, personal habits, family history or co-morbidities
Fall could be ominous - especially in the elderly
No need to be afraid of shunt - not such a serious surgery at all ...
You MUST TELL your doctor- postural hypotension, electrolytes, arrhythmias have to be looked for...
You MUST TELL your doctor - to formulate proper treatment plan / patient not the doctor is the beneficiary..
It reminds a parable - of cat closing the eyes and the thinking the the sun has set; the ostrich burying its head and thinking the enemy has been dodged!... the situation must be faced for your own benefit - TELL your doctor

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck