Diagnosed with positional vertigo. Congestion and pressure in the ears. How long will it take to recover?

I was diagnosed on Tuesday morning with what the doctor called Benign Positional Vertigo and prescribed a drug called SERC which I understand is an antihistamine. I take 16mg 3 times a day and as of this morning’s dose I have had 7 doses.
I was made to understand from the pharmacist that congestion and pressure in my sinuses and ears is part of the vertigo. I am prone to sinus infections and had a lot of sinus pressure and pain last night with a bit of congestion and a runny nose and some pressure but no pain in my ears. I have sleep apnea and use nasal pillows and this seemed to make the pressure worse so I slept without the mask. I feel the pressure across my forehead just above my eyes and behind my eyes and beside my nose just under my eyes and also in my ears. I also had a low grade fever last night 37.3C(99.1F) and woke with a normal temperature today. I still have the sinus and ear pressure. The sinus pain is very mild this morning and I have no pain in my ears. I am also having a tapping sound in my right ear this morning that comes and goes and occasionally a ringing. I also feel the need to unblock my ears constantly. I do have high blood pressure but it’s controlled and normal (I monitor from home).
I really don’t want to run back to the doctor unless there is a chance of infection and I know it will take some time for the vertigo to completely clear up. Could the symptoms still be from the vertigo after 2 days of pills or is there a possibility of a sinus infection
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013