Diagnosed with pityrasis rosea. Using super strength hydrocortisone cream. How to control discoloration of spots which are whiter than skin?

So about 3 weeks ago I was diagnosed with pityrasis rosea. I have the herald patch and all its buddies on my back, torso and arms. I have been using a super strength hydrocortisone cream as mine were REALLY itchy for a long time (2 weeks prior to diagnosis and the last 3 weeks). The issue I am now having is that my spots are all a lot whiter than my skin. I normally have a tanned complexion but the spots are now white and noticeable. They are also a bit raised. My dermatologist told me to avoid the sun otherwise I will leave dark spots. I have been using cocoa butter and the hydrocortisone daily but I noticed no difference. What can I do to help the discolouration of the spots?
Asked On : Fri, 4 May 2012