Diagnosed with perforated eardrum without infection. Can I prevent ear infection on daily rinsing with diluted disinfectant?

Hi I have just been told i have a perforated eardrum with NO infection but need to see a ENT Specialist . I have an appointment on the 7th November but I am due to fly to Tunisia on October 28th for 1 week. My common sense tells me to keep my ear dry and where ear plugs if I am by a pool etc. Will flying make my eardrum any worse? Can I prevent ear infection if I rinse my ears in VERY VERY diluted disinfectant say once a day? many thanks Kelly
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012