Diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease, yellow discharge. On doxycycline. Worry?

Hi , I was just diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease or (PID) two weeks ago and have taken my 14 day medication I was prescribed ( Doxycycline ) I still have very intense itching and red ness around my vaginal area with the same yellowish discharge . I don t have an appointment with my obgyn doctor for another month. I really want to know what could be the cause of my still itching and redness with the dis charge if I ve taken my full length of prescribed medication. The discharge is now brown , should I contact my doctor for an earlier appointment date or is this common for a women with PID?
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013