Diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease. Had abortion. Severe cramping. will this cause serious damage ?

I had an abortion two weeks ago, a few nights ago my boyfriend and I had intercourse and 4 hours later I woke up with severe cramping. When I went to the doctor the next morning they told me I had pelvic inflammatory disease. I am very concerned now that I have done some research and I was wondering if I've had it now for a week or two if that will cause serious damage already to my reproductive organs?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013