Diagnosed with pcos, pain, swelling, yellow discharge. Advised ultrasound scan. Is it normal?

Hi. I am a 26 year old female. I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries about a year ago. Last week, I had pain that I am used to from what I can assume was a cyst. Then, Saturday the pain got worse and worse, then unbearable. I didn't go to the hospital because I wasn't sure if I had insurance. Sunday it was pretty bad. Monday morning, it was rapidly getting better. By the time I got to the doctor in the afternoon, it was only uncomfortable. He checked and said that I was swollen but couldn't find a big mass or anything. He is going on vacation so he scheduled me for an ultrasound in two weeks. The pain is getting worse again(not terrible). I put a heating pad on as I have heard this helps. Soon after I found I have a yellow discharge. It is not foul smelling. I don't believe I have a fever. Is this normal of a ruptured cyst? I haven't had this much pain before, but I assume it was a ruptured cyst. (Doc's office is closed for Good Friday)Thank you..
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013