Diagnosed with pancreatic, perforated ulcer, Zoffer Ellingers, had surgery. Is it possible for stomach to break down food, vitamin supplements, medicines in pill form?

I recently spent a year and 4 days in a hospital here where I live. I had been sick on and off since 2010 but was diagnosed with pancreatis in most of those instances. However, May 2012, I was hospitalized after presenting with free air and perforated ulcer(s). Over time I was diagnosed with Zoffer Ellingers. I remained in the ICU for 4 months. My stomach remained open from May 2012 to March 2013 where I had a final surgery to close 3 fistulas and to close my stomach. I had about 22 surgeries (washouts) performed to keep my stomach free of infection. After so much trauma to my stomach, is it possible for my stomach to break down food, vitamin supplements , medicines in pill form, etc?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013