Diagnosed with pancreatic cancer that has spread to liver, spleen. On chemo, having fever, vomiting, swollen ankles, weight loss. Why ?

Hi my brother has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer that has spread to his liver and spleen . He is doing chemo . He was quite sick following his last round of chemo, fever, vomiting and his ankles were swollen. While he was at the chemo clinic he was in alot of pain so they called the pallitive care doctor, who told him his liver was enlarged. He was diagnosed about 4 1/2 months ago. Is this the beginning of the end. He has lost about 70 lbs already. I would appreciate any help you could give us.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012