Diagnosed with ovarian cysts, fibroids, long periods. On Orthotricyclen. How long should it be taken?

I have recently been diagnosed with Bilateral Ovarian cysts and multiple fibroids with the biggest one being 2.7x1.6x1.6 and I m extremely paranoid about them cause I have reeeaaallly bad menstural cycles and recently it got to where I was bleeding a lot longer than my normal 7 day cycle; that is why I had an MRI and found out that I had them. I thought maybe I should have a vaginal hysterectomy ..(I m 43.) I am taking Orthotricylen to control and regulate my bleeding but I don t know if I should take them til I hit menopause another 6 or 7 years??? What do you think? I am 5 5 and weigh 132 in case you need that info. Thank you soooo much........Kellie
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013