Diagnosed with ovarian cancer, going in for complete hysterectomy, want appendix removed. Is it better to go for a scan first ?

I am recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer after having the one ovary and tube removed. I will be returning to surigcal room to have a complete hysterectomy . I am considering asking to remove the appendix as I understand that there may be a link. Is it better to follow appendix with a CT scan or just have it removed since I will be there getting everything else done. Is there a benefit to keeping the appendix. Not sure if it matter but my gall bladde was removed five years ago
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013