Diagnosed with otosclerosis in both ears. Advised surgery, hearing aid. Opinion?

Good Morning, My 30 year old son was just diagnosed with otosclerosis in both ears conduit I believe. One ear has 60% loss and the other 40%. I think he was scared by his ent with surgery for this condition because he was told there is a 1 in 100 chance he could become deaf in the ear from the surgery. I would like him to consider all options on this before getting a hearing aid but don t know if the surgery would be a good option but having a hearing aid at 30 is not all that appealing to him either. How should he go about making the correct decision on this? He does not live near us so its difficult to help. He is living in Atlanta, GA. Any suggestions of great dr s in Atlanta for another consult or any suggestions would help. Thank you, Barbara Poole, Milford, CT
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013