Diagnosed with oral cancer. Drinks only milkshakes. Prognosis?

My 70 yr old mother was just diagnosed with oral cancer on and below her tongue and mouth. She only weighs about 85 lbs, due to the fact she quit eating solid food months ago, due to the painful swallowing caused by the tumor . Her only nutrution now is in the form of milkshakes my father (who is also dying of colon cancer) makes her once or twice a day. The doctors have referred her to Virginia Mason Hospital in Seartle for all treatment from here on out, which she is refusing to go... How long can I expect my mother to live in such circumstances? Will this be a long, drawn out death or could she just mercifully die in her sleep from starvation? Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated!
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012