Diagnosed with neurocysticercosis in left parital region of brain, on Trieptal, Valporic. Pain in finger. Is it seizure symptom ?

sir , I am AAAA , I was diagonised with neurocysticercosis in left parital region of brain after getting seizure in right side of my body. I was given treatment of albendazole and Trieptal, then shifted to Valporic acid 500mg twice a day morining and evening. I took that medicine for two and half years , my recent CT scan shows healed neurocysticercosis with calcification . Now my doctor has tappered my dose to 300 mg twice , currently taking 300 mg twice for three months. Now my doctor is saying to stopb the medicine as it has side effect. But my problem is that still i get strange sensation in right side and feel like jerk. I also sometimes experience pain in the finger which has first shown the symptom of seizure . I have explained all this all to my doctor , but he is still saying to stop the medicine. I really fear all the time regarding re-currence of seizure. Pls. help me what to do.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013