Diagnosed with nerve inflammation. Pain, discomfort while sleeping. Sweat a lot. Due to inflammation?

I am 21 years old and I have been diagnosed with nerve inflammation. I have been to a neuro physician and he has put me on a course of gabapentin and corticosteroids. I have done a nerve conduction studies of my legs and it turned up normal. A blood test also came up normal. and an mri of my spine and also was normal except for the inflammation which persists in my groin . It has caused me a lot of discomfort and pain while sleeping. There is no family history of this condition. The doctor said it is an inflammation of the nerve. The skin in the affected area feels hard and the muscle is also weak.Also I sweat a lot. Is this due to the condition??? 1. How long will it take for the inflammation to die down??? 2. Is this permanent ??? 3. Will I be able to regain proper muscle tone ?? 4.What kind of diet should I maintain????
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013