Diagnosed with mycobacterium in lungs. Prescribed clarithromycin. Only drug to treat the condition?

I was diagnoised with MYCOBACTERIUM in both lungs. The doctor prescribed CLARITHROMYCIN 500MG TAB. He said this was the ONLY medication that would work. I am taking 1/2 a tablet every 12 hours because more upsets my stomach and gives me a very bad headache . It is hard for me to believe that this is the only medication that I can take. I understand that a lot of people can t tolerate this antibiotic; what do they do? Thank you. David A. Levine
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012