Diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Would you suggest gastric bypass surgery or Optifast diet for weightloss?

okay...Hi! I ve never used this before but figured I d try. I intend to see my neurologist about my question as well as my primary care physician , but wanted to see what kind of reaction i may get before hand. Anyway, I m an overweight a 35 year-old african american smoker (pack/day) with multiple sclerosis . i was diagnosed with MS just under two years ago. I m 5 5 and weigh approximate 225 pounds, and am wondering if gastric bypass surgery would be an option for me. I wouldn t mind even just doing the Optifast diet through my doctor to lost about 75lbs or so, but I m not sure they d approve. The vitamins I could get from the Optifast diet, I hear can be caterd to my own body when given by your doctor...and by my having MS, and my tendancy to NOT eat (unless it s quick fast and easy which usually equates to unhealthy eating, and I eat maybe once a day), having the proper amounts of vitamins would be AWESOME to my system. What say you? Thanks for your help!
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013