Diagnosed with multinodular goiter. Taking eltroxin. Surgery suggested. Need a second opinion

Hi Doctor, I am diagnosed with multinodular goitre and hypothyroid around 4 years ago and started medication.Now Iam taking eltroxin 75 from 1 year. last month when i did the check up, thyroid antibodies showing TPO as 876 and Anti-TG as 35.I did ultrasound scan and showing 5 nodules in left lobe, largest one with 13x9 mm and others are less than 7mm.In right lobe, around 4 nodules, largest with 8x7mm and others less than 5mm. My doctor suggested me to go for surgery. Can you please give me an advice in this regard.Thank you in advance.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013