Diagnosed with mononucleosis. Have fever, headaches, pain in bones, nausea, dizziness. Do I have high lymphocyte count?

Hi, I am a 30-year old Bulgarian male (height - 183 cm, weight -84 kg, no previous health issues). In April last year I was diagnosed with mononucleosis, and after 4-5 weeks of acute symptoms ( fever , headache , pain in the bones and a mild nausea ) I gradually got better. My lymphocyte count began to decrease (it was around 11 000 in the peak) and 4 months after the onset my WBC was normal (with the exception of the lymphocytes which were around 5 500). However, since October my WBC began to increase again and in December the leukocytes were 12 000, and the lymphocyte count was around 7 000 (with 10 % reactive lymphocytes). Some mild symptoms began to appear since early December as well - dizziness (but not a verigo-like spinningness) and a mild nausea like in the beginning of the acute faze. Could you please let me know if this could be a relapse of the mono, and is such a relapse possible? Also, is it normal to have a higher lymphocyte count for such a long time (9 months)? I have made an immunophenotyping of the lymphocytes in June and everything seemed normal then. Thank you in advance for replying to me, my e-mail address is : YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
Answers:  0 Views:  61 Awaiting Answer