Diagnosed with mono, mild swelling in armpits and groin, salivary glands, strange sensations from chest to armpits with anxiety. How can I recover fast?

I was diagnosed with mono recently through blood test . I was told the acute stage was in the last 6 months. I am 44 yrs old, male. I am a semi pro cyclist . I train up to 250 miles a week with very hard efforts in which HR is 175 plus routinely. . I had no idea I had mono yet I knew I was extremely fatigued and my left side ( back) under rib cage burned with pain especially during training ( spleen?). I lost my appetite ( which has returned). Now It seems my lymph nodes are mildly swollen in arm pits and groin . My saliva gland behind my left jaw has swollen putting pressure on my ear and face. I have been on bed rest with mild walks in the evening for about three weeks now. I also have strange sensations that seem to go through my chest muscle from the arm pit region. BTW I never had fever that i know of. I have had ct scan and extensive blood work ( all clear except for mono).....All of this is just strange and anxiety has gripped me because of the strange nature of my symptoms. Do I simply rest and fallow doctors orders? Is what I have described usual for adult mono sufferer? Any suggestions for recovery, swollen glands, anxiety ( Im such a sissy!)....Thanks so much
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012