Diagnosed with mono. Feeling better. Told to resume normal activity. Get tongue pierced?

I contracted mono sometime in December unknowingly. Then 4 weeks later around Janurary 20th i got the symptoms, was sick for a while finally went to the doctor & was diagnosed. I ve had several doctors visits since then & now have no more symptoms & have been told to resume normal activity. Although i feel better im still most likely contagious & technically still have mono. (I think, if i m wrong let me know). So can i get my tongue pierced?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013