Diagnosed with mitral valve stenosis. What is the permanent solution to this?

Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old female who has been diagnosed with mitral valve stenosis and my valve size is at 0.8 cm now which according to my cardiologist needs to be corrected soonest possible. I will be having a surgery in May to correct this. But I am still confused as to whether should I go for ballooning which would be a temporary measure or is it better for me to have the valve replacement surgery done now itself. But I know that with the heart replacement surgery, I will need to go for lifetime medication for blood thinning and this is a major operation as opposed to the ptmc procedure, but as for the ptmc, I am still having a doubt as this is not a permanent solution to my heart problem. Can you please enlighten me on this, doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013