Persistence of infection even with antibiotic therapy can be due to:
1. Inadequate dosage & duration of treatment
2. Inappropriate selection of antibiotics against the causative organism.
3. Improper treatment of underlying cause of the symptoms.
Under such circumstances, the following corrective measures should be taken:
1. Discuss regarding the proper dosage & duration of treatment with your treating physician.
2. Culture & sensitivity to be done for selection of appropriate antibiotic.
3. Additional investigations like X ray
will be helpful in detecting any hidden focus of infection.