Diagnosed with lung cancer stage 3. Can I have a painful end?

Dear Sir, My uncle, age 65, is diagnosised with lung cancer . The doctors are saying that now the third stage is over.There is nothing that they could do. Only the option is Chemo / Radiation treatment.He has got less than 1 year. MRI, CT report shows effected areas as lungs only. Not spread in to kidney, liver etc. Can you please help us on this.We want that he may have a less painful end. Awaiting for your valuable reply as soon as possible.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013