Diagnosed with low testosterone levels, thyroid problems and infertility. Can the sperm quality be made better by treating thyroid problem?

My husband was diagnosed with thyroid disease by our R.E. This explains a lot- not being able to lose weight, testosterone levels being off, and according to our R.E., infertility . He starts medication tomorrow. My question is should this solve all of our infertility problems, assuming we re otherwise healthy? Is it ever the case that sperm quality is irreparable because of thyroid disease?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013