Diagnosed with long ulnar bone in wrist causing severe pain, advised surgery. Can I carry out routine activities after that?

I have been diagnosed by two hand surgeons as having too long of an ulnar bone in my right wrist which has caused me pain for quite sometime. I will need to have surgery to shorten the ulna this Spring. I am quite concerned if my right wrist will ever allow me to play golf at the level that I am used to. I now manage the pain with Tylenol and naproxen and icing while I am here in Florida for the Winter. Any input would be appreciated.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013