Diagnosed with liver cancer. Has ascites, edema. Passing black stools. Last stage of cancer?

Hello my dad is 64 years old and was just dx with liver cancer . He has ascites and edema in his right leg. He won t eat anything except for tea and warm cereal. My mom states he is now passing black stools . All of this just happened or he started showing symptoms In January it now February 23, I m afraid he will continue to go down hill. Does the ascites mean that he has end stage limber cancer. How can I get him to eat.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013