Diagnosed with left ventricular hypertrophy consistent with hypertension and dilated left atrium. Explain?

I have left ventricular hypertrophy consistent with hypertension . Dilated left atrium will predispose to atrial fibrillation; Left ventricular systolic function is normal diastolic function may be abnormal based on the presence of left ventricular hypertrophy and dilated left atrium, a diagnosis not necessarily supported by the pattern of mitral valve inflow. Please would you explain in simple English the diagnosis and what should I be doing? Thanks Joan
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013