Diagnosed with large cystic lesion. On eptoin. Had focal seizure, scar epilepsy. Reason?

i was diagnaosed with large cystic lesion well defined smooth margins in right frontal region with no enhancement in june2011 and operated in june 11 at Apollo(Delhi) .After that i was given eptoin for 6 months.I was almost fine.But in November2012 I suddenly got a focal seizure. Then i consult with a nearest neurophysician.He diagnosed with me scar epilesy and advised me a medicine for a whole life.Now I want to ask you to that is it right that i should take a medicine for whole life.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012